As more and more articles are written on stakeborgdao.xyz, we come up with a proposal to implement a category of editors who will have the role of verifying the articles and approving their publication on the platform. The need to start this project is to improve the quality of the articles and check them before publication. The editor program is open to any member of the community who wants to get involved. We propose for debate a set of necessary skills, rights offered and a list of community guidelines that must be followed by anyone who uses the platform.
Skills that we are looking for our editors:
- Willingness to engage;
- Attention to detail;
- Writing skills;
- Knowledge of grammar;
- Strong Vocabulary;
- Knowledge of style;
Editor responsibilities include :
- Verification of articles in accordance with the rules agreed for publication;
- Checking articles on spelling, format, sentence structure and punctuation;
- Approving, or, as the case may be, sending the article back to the author with the points that need to be corrected or changed in order for the article to be published;
- Providing writing rights on the platform for every person interested to write as an author or providing author rights for all stakeborgdao.xyz members;
- Providing support to authors on creating and writing articles on the platform.
**Community Guidelines - **
We further propose a set of rules and guidelines for all StakeborgDao.xyz members with the role of maintaining mutual respect and keep this a friendly place for civilized public activity:
- Don’t post content that is defamatory, harassing, threatening, libelous or inflammatory.
- Don’t express hatred or intolerance for people on the basis of race, ethnicity, nationality, gender, gender identity, religion, sexual orientantion, age or disability.
- Don’t impersonate other people or organizations.
- Posting content that invades others privacy is not allowed. For example, personal information as location addresses. phone numbers, email addresses or any sensitive information.
- Don’t post content that is violent, obscene, pornographic, or any that contains nudity, sexually or abusive explicit images.
- Shilling and commercial articles are allowed only if the project is presented in an explicit way and includes official details and links.
How will the publishing process work?
The article will be written by the author and sent for approval to the editor. If the author does not have the right to create new articles, it will be given by one of the editors.
The editor will check the article according to his responsibilities
If the article follows the community guidelines it will be approved by the editor.
If the article has minor spelling or page layout mistakes, the editor may correct and approve the article.
If the article has major spelling or page layout mistakes, the editor will send back the article to the
author and will ask for the article to be corrected.
If the article violates the community guidelines, the editor will send back the article to the author and will request the article to comply with the community guidelines. If by any means, it still violates the community guidelines, the editor has the right to reject or delete the article.
We can set up predetermined amounts of time called seasons for people to act as editors to incentivise members of the community to become editors. We might compensate them for their acting duties as editors by awarding them non-transferable NFTs (to be confirmed with the NFT project team) for each season in which they act as editors. Furthermore, based on parameters such as the number of articles reviewed, we can suggest and vote on an amount of $STANDARD tokens to be awarded to each editor at the end of the season. The tokens would have a two-season vesting period following the end of the season for which they were compensated.
We’re waiting for suggestions and we’re open to debate on how to implement this program better. Some of the topics are:
Is this program useful for the community, especially for the ones that write articles on .xyz ?
What other qualities do editors need?
What other responsibilities should editors have?
What other guidelines should we have included in our disclaimer model? Is there any present that should not be a rule?
What types of incentives should editors receive for their work?
How many seasons and how would you like them to be organized? How should the tasks be defined and what performance indicators can we use?
Finally, everything presented here is open to discussion. This is an open project, and we, as a community, must decide on many parts of it, including the duration of a season, how we want to organize it, how many editors we’ll need, how the duties should be specified, and what the performance indicators will be.
Deadline for discussions: 18.03.2022
The DAO Insider Team