- Summary – a short description regarding the proposal, just a few sentences long
A few community members formed a working group to develop an onboarding process for new joiners. This new process looks, for the moment, at the following areas.
- Agreeing on the Vision, Mission and Values of our StakeborgDAO community
- Restructuring the StakeborgDAO Discord channels so that newcomers have a leaner start
- OnboardingBuddies program - a more personal onboarding option for new members (like a guided tour of our StakeborgDAO)
- Updating the Community Compass into a one-stop-shop for all knowledge about StakeborgDAO
- #LearningPath - gamified educational approach for new and old members to help them find their way from members to contributors
Because the project is rather complex and encompasses multiple building blocks, we’ll split it into parts and cover them in separate proposals for easier discussions and decision making. As the project develops, we may identify and incorporate additional blocks in the future.
**Today we’ll focus on the first point and invite you to discuss, debate and provide feedback.
- Motivation – explains what the problem/opportunity the proposal identifies and how it adds value to our DAO
Problem/Opportunity: Often times, conversations spark around the purpose of our DAO, what we are trying to achieve and how will we do it, as well as what we all have in common.
Solution/ Value add to our DAO: In order for our digital colony to grow and thrive, we need to start shaping our identity – know who we are as a community, what values we share, what we want to achieve and how we plan to do it. Having a common understanding of our vision, mission and values will provide us with a framework for all our actions and future projects, as well as serve as a point of reference, a lighthouse to guide us during the storms of web3. Additionally, having clear Vision, Mission & Values helps new joiners understand from the very beginning what we, as a community, stand for and decide if and how to get involved.
- Execution – what are the steps (detailed) needed to achieve the proposal’s goal (by who, how long it will take)
Who: all community members
What: Members should read the Vision, Mission and Values below. These are the values that we, from the onboarding team, noticed in our community and believe unite us. Let us know in the comments if you relate with these thoughts, or if there is something we should amend.
By when: we have about one week time, until Friday, April 8, end of day, to discuss and share feedback, after which, the onboarding team will incorporate the received ideas into a final version and share it with the community.
Vision, Mission, Values
Our vision at StakeborgDAO is to create a wealthy digital colony that represents a reference model for other DAOs and the crypto space in general.
We made our mission to become a vibrant incubation community that creates wealth to its members by cultivating a Web3 ecosystem of sub-DAOs and guilds, with a focus on DeFi applications.
- We believe in inclusiveness and in being kind
- We believe that in real life (IRL) connections transcend into and define our Web3 interactions and values
- We don’t shy away from bold experiments
- We love thinkers as long as they become doers
- We believe in educating ourselves, in learning from each other and in growing together.
- We count on each member’s skills and contribution to shape the culture and grow the value of our community
- At StakeborgDAO we believe in #gettingshitdone
- Resources – what you need in terms of financing, Social Media support, etc
Considering attention is a scarce resource, the more people express their opinion regarding our vision, mission and values, the more we know they truly unite us. Therefore, for our proposal to ultimately achieve its goal we need support from all members to engage in this discussion.
- Success metrics and KPIs – how is success measured? What are the KPIs?
Engagement on Agora: 400 views, 100 likes, 20 replies
- Team background – who’s part of the team and what their background is