Onboarding Process (part 2): StakeborgDAO Discord channels

Got it now! Thank you, will discuss in the team what the best way is to incorporate this channel.

3 Likes

I see and I appreciate the hard work around this proposal. Great job!

3 Likes

Very good work here everyone! I really appreciate that we are also including the Q&A section. Throughout our time on Discord a lot of FAQs and How-to’s were gathered in that channel, and I don’t know if everyone is aware of how many things are explained in there.

Maybe one to consider for later, but something that redirects people, or teaches them in the onboarding process about the Q&A channels could reduce the same question being asked multiple times on different channels on Discord.

Amazing work! Keep it up!

3 Likes

Nice job! The discord will be more organized

3 Likes

Congratulations team! Given that a big battle will take place on Twitter, I think it would be useful to add in the ONBOARDING section # 1-start-here, at the end after the 2 Youtube channels, if you consider that it would be necessary to add the 2 Stakeborg and StakeborgDao Twitter channels.
Thank you for all your hard work!

2 Likes

I appreciate the hard work! Thank you guys!

Some personal thoughts:

• After working with people for a long time I can tell that 80% won’t read everything nor pay attention to the onboarding process/channels. A lot of questions will be asked in regards to some channels that they cannot see. The reason: they didn’t react to 2-select-interests nor read the entire message.

• Too many roles which will be hard to manage in time

For me, being here from day 1, the new format it’s confusing because:

• There are some unnecessary categories which basically makes the channels list too long and complex
  • There is no consistency in channels order - Stakeborgdao Romania category should mirror Stakeborgdao En

Let’s break it down:

• NFTs category holds #4-the-nfts and #its-nftime-ro is under StakegborgDAO RO. You could either remove the NFTs category and move #4-the-nfts under StakeborgDAO En (mirror RO) or move #its-nftime-ro under NFTs. To be honest, personally I prefer to have it under StakeborgDAO En and RO just because it is a lot easier to access them (and because of brain muscle memory), now I have to scroll a lot and this will happen every time a new category is added because of how categories are implemented in Discord (they have /r spaces)

• In EN we have #QnA and in RO #QnA-academy it’s the same thing ? If not, shouldn’t we have a General QnA for RO too ? Not everyone speaks english. Same for QnA Academy, the course will be in english soon.

• In RO we have #lumea-devs but for english a separate category appeared with #dev-talks and #xyz-bring-web3 which is in romanian and it’s 100% for the NFT project atm. (proposed solution: same as NFTs category on bullet 1)

• 2 #level-up channels but I guess there will be only 1 in the final version

• No voice channels for En

What’s the purpose of #general-chat-media and #general-chat-education? Brainstorming and planning ?

This is just my view on this, I hope it helps a bit. I understand the categorisation and the need of it when, for example, we will have 2-3-4 projects under dev, but at the same time I think we should have order and think about others that speak both Romanian and English, just because it will be easier for us to communicate with everyone if we have the same structure for both RO and EN. And given the fact that everyone is doing thousands of things at the same time including work, personal stuff, DAO stuff etc, it will become frustrating to search for a channel.

3 Likes

A lot of hard work, time and ideas were invested into this proposal! Congrats to all that were dedicated to simplify our journey on discord and make it a seamlessly to use. Let’s say that
“ONLY THOSE THAT DO NOT WANT TO WILL NOT MANAGE/FIGURE IT OUT HOW TO USE IT”.

It is perfect? No!
It is as best as it can be right now? Most likely yes!
As time goes by, we will adapt and restructure fo fit our needs and goals!

2 Likes

Hi! If you ever feel you want to have a voice chat, private or not, me or anyone else from the onboarding buddies squad are happy to help

3 Likes

Hi,
Thank you! Will definitely reach out!

1 Like

Hi DubluDe, and thank you for taking the time to go through the proposed structure and for sharing your suggestions. I’ll try to address your points below and I’m happy to organize a call on aud-voci with members that feel things are still unclear.

"In EN we have #QnA and in RO #QnA-academy it’s the same thing?"
No, these are two different channels. #QnA-Academy doesn’t exist in EN at the moment, thus we will create it once there will be a need for it.
The “QnA-general” is the EN translation of all the content available currently under “intrebari-si-raspunsuri”.

**2 #level-up channels but I guess there will be only 1 in the final version - will adjust this in the final version

No voice channels for EN - those general voice channels will be added once we will have a need for that. The project specific voice channels will be included in the final version.

What’s the purpose of #general-chat-media and #general-chat-education ? Brainstorming and planning - yes, correct, these channels are meant for interactions in those categories. A new user that selected Media as interest, can write in that general chat and view (readonly) the projects that are being in the works in that category. Same applies for all the other categories, except for Social that doesn’t have another general chat because we thought, those social interactions happen on random-talks/ brigada-diverse.

" A lot of questions will be asked in regards to some channels that they cannot see. The reason: they didn’t react to 2-select-interests nor read the entire message." - I agree that any change in the current structure will, in the beginning, create confusion for some people. This shouldn’t though stop us from being agile and implementing changes that can improve the status quo. We will make use of official comms channels to inform the community of these changes in advance and guide existing members in the process.

Stakeborgdao Romania category should mirror Stakeborgdao En
The approach we took for the new structure was EN -first. We decided to leave all RO channels under that one category and rename the channels to make clear what language is being used in those (see #lumea-devs, previously called #dev-talks). We did move two channels from the EN section to act as general chats / brainstorming channels under those respective categories - NFTs and Devs.

I do understand your points about people who do not speak EN - the RO channels will still be there.

However, if we want to grow our community internationally, I believe, we need to acknowledge and accept the fact that conversations will have to happen predominantly in EN. And this means a change for all of us - focusing on participating more in the discussions happening on the EN channels, using EN as a language to communicate when working on a project. I know it’s tough and requires a lot of discipline, especially since most of us speak RO. So we’re in a chicken and egg situation… - why should I speak EN with my fellow Romanians, on the other hand, non-RO-speakers look at those conversations “ca curca-n lemne :)” and cannot participate.

So, yes, it’s a change process. But, in my opinion, the sooner we start thinking and acting more in this EN- first direction, the quicker and less frustrating the transition process will be (before that brain muscle memory grows too many roots). :sweat_smile:

Taking into consideration that we want to focus more on opening up our community internationally and we see the benefit of this approach, what do you think? How does the structure look like from a non-Ro-speaker perspective who will not opt in to see the RO channels? Is it clear and easy to follow? Thank you! :pray:

2 Likes