Hi, everyone, I am MEANiX. You either know me from a while back or from The Crypto Insider NL. My goal is to bring music into web3 and to position Stakeborg as a reliable partner for any music institutions/organizations/professionals who want to dive into this space.
The purpose of this proposal is to bring Construct in front of high-potential future clients/partners. Most music professionals fear web3 because of its supposed difficulty. Some of them release NFT collections but then stop. Construct is a tool that would create significant value for record labels, independent artists, and other parties alike since it brings artists and fans closer together. In an industry where fans are used to supporting their favorite artists fanatically, Construct has a high potential of becoming a standard.
Construct has disruptive potential in the music industry. On top of the discussions that the core team is having with high-level individuals to start getting users (such as artists) on the platform, I would like to present an opportunity for Construct to become visible to the eyes of top music industry professionals in the Netherlands.
The Netherlands is said to be having the greatest EDM scene in the world, with names such as Spinnin Records, Armada Music, Martin Garrix, and others, dominating this genre worldwide. With the aim of showing the people working in this sector how web3 can enhance entertainment experiences, I will be organizing a sizable event in Amsterdam on the 24th of February under the premise of launching Amsterdam’s first web3 virtual music artist. I hope to be bringing Construct in front of the 100+ web3 and music minds that will be attending.
My main objective of this event is to showcase that web3 tools and approaches can be easy and practical to use. Among everything that will be happening that night, as you will see below, there will be an NFT drop with the virtual artist’s first song. In a partnership with Authic Labs, one of the most popular Dutch web3 startups (they have just received an investment of $1m), we will be giving attendees the opportunity to become the first authentic fans of this virtual artist by minting an NFT on a white label marketplace provided by Authic. The process is very simple, it does not even require a wallet, one can pay by card, and it is meant to prove that web3 should not scare any decision-maker.
In this context, I believe Construct is a perfect fit. I not only wish to promote the new tool of the DAO, but to present it as the next step that should be taken after minting that NFT. I want to tell everyone there that Construct would be an incredibly valuable tool for any artist who wants to transform their NFT-holding superfans into a community that can directly impact the career of the artist.
Let’s break everything down.
As mentioned earlier, on the 24th of February, I will be organizing a sizable event in Amsterdam with W3bLab, the biggest community of web3 builders in the Dutch capital, to bring web3 and music industry minds together and show them how web3 can enhance entertainment experiences. The headline of the night will be the launch of Amsterdam’s first web3 virtual music artist.
His name is Steroid Ron.
Steroid Ron is one of the 3 virtual artists that The Poser Party, a project born in Amsterdam, is releasing with the aim of involving the community, the fans, the posers as they call them, in managing their careers.
The night consists of:
- Performance by Steroid Ron that blurs the line between physical and digital
- Panel discussion with Thunderboom Records & Mystery Guest
- NFT mint made easy - Collect Ron’s first song as an NFT with just a few clicks
- Exclusive DJ set with unreleased music from The Poser Party
- Networking with top management professionals from the music and web3 industries
- Expected Attendance: 100-200 participants
- Location: Club Atelier, one of the most notorious underground clubs in Amsterdam
- Partners: Authic Labs, W3bLab, Thunderboom Records
We are only looking to break even on the event and offer the tickets as cheaply as possible so people can easily join us. Although everyone involved has reduced their costs to make this happen, we are looking for $1600 from the Construct DAO in exchange for the benefits listed below so we can cover the remaining expenses (remaining expenses in the comments)
I used a standard TWAP method for the last 30 days for calculating the precise amount of tokens needed:
As a result, the total proposed amount for funding this proposal is:
$1630 / $0.2638 = 6179 STANDARD
Benefits for Construct:
This is what the Construct DAO members can expect in exchange for the $1600 contribution:
- Logo present on all marketing materials
- 3 shoutouts during the event
- 30-sec highlight on the value Construct brings to artists & fans in front of top music professionals from the Netherlands
- Content (photo & video) from the event. Construct can use it later for promotion
- 20 free tickets for members to attend the event, first come, first served (DM me if the proposal passes)
- Exclusive access to Ron’s first Music NFT drop. Not definitive, there are 2 scenarios:
- The NFT drop is private and free (only gas fees): those physically present + stakeborg members have access to mint
- The NFT drop will be public and have a price - stakeborg gets free mint
The biggest community of web3 builders in Amsterdam:
- I am part of the core team that has bootstrapped the community
- Over 350 members in Amsterdam and 1000+ across 5 European capitals
- 40+ events & programs so far
- 2k+ total attendees
- Worked with the likes of Polygon and Lens Protocol
Authic Labs is one of the most notorious web3 startups in the Netherlands, building a white-label NFT marketplace that gives companies and organizations the tools needed to connect with new customers. They have just received a $1m investment to develop their platform further.
The Poser Party:
The first web3 record label launching virtual artists from Amsterdam. With a team of industry professionals, they are now exploring the boundaries of web3 music.
Steve Aoki, KSHMR, and Spinnin Records are a few of the names these people have worked with in the past.
Thunderboom Records is the most notorious record label for virtual artists in the Netherlands, using AI in novel ways to build the artists of the future. They are very present in Amsterdam’s EDM scene participating in events such as Amsterdam Dance Event.