In the Stakeborg DAO Whitepaper 1.1, the Ambassadors Program was mentioned for the first time. The pilot/interim mandate with a duration of 3 months started on April 1st and it ends now, on June 30.
It’s time for the Ambassadors Program to evolve from the interim stage to the full mandate.
The purpose of this proposal is to have a more clear framework, including the Ambassador’s Job Description but also the application methodology & the compensation plan.
As stated in the Whitepaper 1.1, there is no DAO without a strong community and there is no community without influential leaders. Excepting the informal leaders, it is our duty to have formal leadership and we believe the Ambassadors Program is, at this moment, the best tool that can be used in order to have our community well represented and our Ambassadors well incentivized, both at a recognition level and at the ownership one.
Ambassadors application methodology. To be eligible to apply, you must:
Have at least 250 $STANDARD staking in Governance by July 10
Have voted for a minimum of one proposal until June 21st, 2022 (at least on Snapshot)
The number of ambassadors will be a maximum of 10, in cities/countries with relevant activity so far. Excluding the Travelling Ambassador(s) role, we consider it very important that ambassador applications come from places with activity and community support. Examples (consider this a proposal, without being mandatory or a barrier to entry):
What does it mean to be creative? Consider this as an example: we did not initially think of the Travelling Ambassador role, the proposal came from one of the applications, we found it relevant, and we made it official. So don’t let imaginary limits stop you from applying.
We look forward to hearing from you in the Get creative/Ambassador value proposition section (In the form specially designed for this; find details at the end of this proposal), why you would be perfect for the ambassador role, and the value you propose to bring.
Ambassadors role - duration
Six months, July 15th - December 31st, 2022
Maximum two consecutive mandates (interim mandate, April - June, does not count)
Ambassadors job description
Some are totally measurable, some are measurable in a more subjective way:
- Organize (at least) 1 IRL meetup per month;
- Provide a monthly activity report to the Stakeborg DAO community, which will be made public by the 5th of the month at the latest for the previous month; Include:
a) The Twitter analytics for your account on that month (Printscreen with: Tweets / Tweet impressions / Profile visits / Mentions / Followers) You can find this on: https://analytics.twitter.com
b) Stakeborgdao.xyz analytics
- Create at least a monthly Twitter thread about their activity as an ambassador for that month, including pictures from the IRLM;
- Create at least one monthly article on stakeborgdao.xyz about your learnings in the Web3 space as an Ambassador;
- Participate in at least one Build meetup/month (online or IRL), exclusively between the ambassadors. For the meetup(s) to be successful more than 50% of the ambassadors must participate. (Meeting minutes will be written in the special channel dedicated to the ambassadors, shared with the others, and get punctual feedback from the others in maximum of 5 days)
- Participate in the voting process for every proposal, both on snapshot and on-chain;
- Initiate topics/ideas (could be around building in web3, social, sport, family, etc.) for discussions at the respective IRL meetups and ensure that there will be a summary of the meetups on the Discord channel at the end.
- Identify possible partnerships (public/private institutions, education, etc.) to support (or organize with another community member) an introductory presentation around Blockchain, NFTs, and DAOs. (Check 1johnny’s example - Ionut Bradean from Timisoara. There will be a presentation template proposed by Stakeborg DAO and adapted, where/if needed, by the ambassador team). During the six months of the mandate, at least one such presentation is mandatory for each of the ambassadors.
- Identify real-live crypto / DAO / blockchain but not limited to events, and participate in at least one such event during the 6 months. The goal is to network and connect with other people, making them familiar with Stakeborg DAO. And, of course, bring your learnings inside Stakeborg DAO.
- Promote Stakeborg DAO online actively and in creative ways (Twitter, Instagram, Tik-Tok, Facebook, Youtube, etc.)
- Actively participate in AMAs & every second month (starting with August) organizing the DOERS Monthly Calls, either on Discord or on Twitter Spaces.
- Support actively and in creative ways, the work of community members on Discord, especially on channels dedicated to their city/town;
- Involve with responsibility in community initiatives, such as Community Talks, DAOsphere & other similar ones;
- Have an all-in ambassador mindset. Don’t consider this as a 24/7 job, but as a 24/7 mindset. This means you respect your role as an ambassador and you also respect the community;
- Actively organize, together with the bootstrapping team, the Stakeborg DAO VAN tour in the cities it will reach. (Estimate: September)
BONUS. Tips & Tricks
- Joint Ambassador initiatives; (e.g., a collaborative activity report)
- Online meeting initiatives (with the camera on) between IRLMs, to increase the trust level in the community. Both local and global.
150 $STANDARD ambassador/month
Extra 500 $STANDARD/month for the first two most active ambassadors. Once a month, the ambassadors will vote internally on the most active ones. The one that was voted the most will receive an extra 300 $STANDARD, and the 2nd most voted one will receive an extra 200 $STANDARD.
The voting method is up for the ambassadors to decide. But one mandatory KPI in order for ambassadors to be eligible to qualify for the 1st or 2nd place will be that their Twitter activity reaches 10,000 Tweet impressions/month in the first 3 months (excepting July as their mandate will not start on July 1st) & 20,000 Tweet impressions in the last 3 months. Attention: The Tweet impressions KPI refers to the total impressions, not only for one single tweet/thread.
They need to communicate the result by the 5th of the current month for the previous month.
The Otherside of the bonus
It is mandatory that 4 out of the first 5 KPIs are met every month, by every ambassador. If for one month any of the ambassadors achieve only 3 or fewer KPIs, for that respective month the ambassador will receive 0 $STANDARD. If this happens for two months (consecutive or not), that person will lose the ambassador role and will not be eligible to apply again for the current mandate or for the next one.
150 $STANDARD/ambassador/month x 10 = 1500 $STANDARD/month/all ambassadors + 500
Total/quarter 6000 (4500 + 1500) $STANDARD = 6,66% of total available quarterly $STANDARD through Stakeborg DAO Financial Committee
Success metrics and KPIs
We will consider this proposal a successful one if:
- At least 20 community members will apply;
- At least 50% of the hodlers-plus role will vote;
- The Twitter contributions from the ambassadors will grow;
- The IRL meetups will be more structured and
- The overall feeling that the community is proud of how they are represented will improve
After/if the proposal passes both the review of the Stakeborg DAO Financial Committee & the snapshot, the actual voting for each of the ambassadors will start on the Discord channel. It will include an application - a form will be offered.
Ambassadors’ voting process:
Applications open - July 5th, 2022
Closing of applications - July 10, 16:00 EEST
Pre-selection of applications - July 11th - July 13th
Start of voting on the Discord channel - July 13th, 16:00 EEST
Deadline vote on the Discord channel - July 15th, 16:00 EEST
The voting process
Only The Stakeborg DAO members that have Hodlers-plus role on Discord will vote (Hodlers, Stakers & Diamond Hands)
There can only be one ambassador in a city. If more than one will apply, the majority vote given by Hodlers-plus will decide.
The 10 ambassadors will be those who receive the most votes, in descending order.
Important: if there are cases where special situations arise (e.g., people who are not recognized by the community but who, with the help of several wallets and newly created hodler-plus status, will manage to have a majority vote), we reserve the right of veto.
Preselection team background
Endi - Bootstrapping team
Alex (Shinmen) - Bootstrapping team
RaluW - Moderator, one of the most recognised informal leaders
AndreiV - Moderator, the most active Discord user
Mtk - Moderator, the 2nd most active Discord user
How to apply?
If you relate to what you’ve read so far and feel we’ve written this text for you, go to the next step & apply. As soon as/if the proposal passes we will prepare a form where we want to get to know you better and invite you to tell us why you are suitable to be part of the first team of full-role ambassadors. Apart from what we have thought up, we invite you, again, to be creative. (See the last field in the form - Get creative/Ambassador value proposition)
Fields to be found on the form:
- Discord username
- LinkedIn link
- Twitter link
- Instagram link
- Your wallet address that contains/will contain 250 $STANDARD until July 8th
- The same wallet address will be used to prove the voting requested (at least on snapshot) until JUNE 21st
- Get creative / Ambassador value proposition
- Since when do you know about Stakeborg?
- When did you buy $STANDARD for the first time?
- Are you eligible for any of the Airdrops? If yes, for which one?
- Have you been already one of the Stakeborg DAO ambassadors? If yes, what are your most important achievements in that role?
- What is your plan as a future ambassador? What would you do from what the interim ambassadors did? What would you do differently?